Sunday, July 23, 2006

Helplessness

There is pain in my heart...
No one who can comfort me,
No one who cares,
No one to share my pain,
Ease my suffering...

Why must it be so hard?
Why should it happen to start with?
The unanswerable questions
ring out to the stars,
and only silence replies
with it's smooth sound...

I scream with anguish,
and the pain of helplessness.
"There must be something I can do, mustn’t there?"
The whimpered query
hangs in the air,
"please?".

But only silence and time remain,
one a comforter,
the other, a healer.
So why am I not comforted,
or healed of my pain,
and only misery remains?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, no one can share our pain, everyone has to face their life. but then its not true that nobody cares for you. well it might be just a poem but most of your poems reflect the feeling of loneliness. just think about it. you are lucky compared to so many ppl, you might not have got what you wished for or wht you deserved but its true for everyone. do try to be happy with what you have. i know its easier to say and difficult to practice but there is no other way.